11 March 2007

Joshua redux...

Well Shiite.

Where do I begin?

First off, let me say that Iraqis are some of the silliest people I’ve ever met (stinkiest too.) The Camp mayor cell just finished building the new BX and has subsequently allowed a few local-national merchants to set up kiosks outside the entrance and exits of the PX. Here, they are allowed to peddle their wares to soldiers and they enter and exit the PX. These little congregations are affectionately nicknamed ‘Hajji-marts.’ A few days ago, I was perusing one of the contents of a kiosk at the hajji mart and this particular LN was selling T-shirts. One T-shirt had a picture of Saddam Hussein holding up a bum sign that read “Will dictate for Food” and another said “Who’s your Baghdaddi.” But the funniest one that I have ever seen was a simple white shirt with green lettering that said:“If you’re Sunni, You ain’t Shiite.” Maybe you had to have seen it, but to us out here who deal with the ever present sectarian conflict, this pretty much had us all rolling on the floor. I bought two of them :)

So what have I been up to for the last two months? In early January, I started going to the gym on a regular basis and I started on my little project that as of last weekis nearing completion (in a manner of speaking). As far as the gym goes... Im up from 175 bench max to 255, and I can d 70 push-ups in on go. Theres not really much else to do out here when y'ave got free time lol. Um february... I mainly worked on my project and supported my interrogator... Oh yeah, me and Lenell called it quits again ( and for the last time ) that girl... I worry about her but someday she will figure out what is going on in the head ofhers and make someone happy... As for me, I can deal with that type of person in my life right now...however, I only wish the best for her...
Um we've had a few more mortar attacks but it seems that since the surge, things have died down some. Well I had to write this in two sittings and I tookover tonight at the second paragraph and im really tired tonight and cant think and Im using too many ands and this has turned into a run-on sentence and im done now.
Love yall
I will leave y'all with the lyrics to one of the songs that I listen to all the time
"There's another world inside of me, that you may never see
There's secrets in this life that I can't hide
Somewhere in this darkness there's a light that I can't find
Maybe it's too far away...
Or Maybe I'm just blind...
Maybe I'm just blind...

So hold me when I'm here
Right me when I'm wrong
Hold me when I'm scared
And love me when I'm gone
Everything I am
And everything in me
Wants to be the one that you wanted me to be
I'll never let you down
Even if I could
I'd give up everything
If only for your good
So hold me when I'm here
Right me when I'm wrong
You can hold me when I'm scared
You won't always be there
So love me when I'm gone
Love me when I'm gone...
When your education x-ray
Cannot see under my skin
I won't tell you a damn thing
That I could not tell my friends
Roaming through this darkness
I'm alive but I'm alone
Part of me is fighting this
But part of me is gone
Maybe I'm just blind...
Love me when I'm gone...
When I'm Gone..."

Josh

3 comments:

Eric & Sherryl Garrett said...

Hello Son! It's great to see you back. We miss you. And are excited to see you in June.
Mom & Dad

Destiny said...

June is coming closer and closer!!! I simply cannot believe it!!! :D It's good to hear from you. Even though you speak in run-on sentances. Ha. I probably do it all the time without noticing...I have horrible english skills. Keep a smile on that face Samp Samp. Can't wait to see you! Oh, by the way...Eric a.d.o.r.e.s. his PSP. :) He misses you like crazy...see you soon! Stay safe!

Destiny said...

By the way...I <3 that song! :)