07 January 2007

Insert creative title here...

Well its been nearly a month since ive had time to site and mind dump. Sorry 'bout that. Anywho, Ive been working retty much nonstop this entire time about 14 hours a day so as you could guess, im a little bit tired. If im not working, im most likely sleeping lol.

I just hit my 50 day mark here inIraq and I've got to tell ya, time sure is flying by for me. Lets break it down for yall for the last three weeks...

December 16th to the 24th, nothing to report here.

Christmas was cool, i worked all night and slept all day haha but it was cool because i got to call a few of my relatives and catch up. I got a lot of nice care packages from a lot of my family and friends. I'm really tired right now so pardon me if this post is a bit lackluster, i just felt the urge to atleast update the page :)

After christmans came newyears. Yay...yeah no. I spent the passover in the gunners seat of an armored HMMV while being geared out in full body armor (including kevlar helmet) with all my guns. The best part was the Turret mounted Fully automatic "SAW" assault weapon that i had in my charge. It has a 200 round drum that feeds into weapon and puts all that ammo downrange in about 60 seconds. thats twoshots a second of deadly fun. Sadly i didnt getto shoot anyone but man i was ready to.

After that whole anning battle positions thing was over it was about 1 AM in '07... ewww i was pissed! haha but its ok, that one hell of a story that i will never forget... i obviously left out a lot of the details that i will probably fill you in on if you ask me to, just dont want to put them out on the www for all eyes to see. Well ive got to be off... i'll talk to you guys later... hopefull i can make a post tomorrow that has a little bit more bounce to it.

KLater

Josh

3 comments:

Destiny said...

Good to hear from you Samp Samp. We miss you bunches and bunches.

Eric & Sherryl Garrett said...

Good to See you back on here Son. Glad you had a good christmas. Considering where you are. New Year's sounded a little too exciting for me. Hope all continues to go well for you. We heard today 3 Airmen were killed while on a mission to dispose of an IEU in a vehicle. They were all from Hill Airforce Base here in Utah.
Be careful son!
We Love you and Miss you,
Dad and Mom

SuGaRbEaR said...

Hey Josh! I just finally got my password right! So as you can tell I am now back on blogger. I miss you so much!!! You need to post an update on here, when you go long periods of time without writing I get worried! But I know that you are safe as can be and you have a lot of people on your side praying for your safe return home, including me.

Love Ya, and update this darn thing will you! ~lil sis