05 December 2006

Incoming...!

Tonight proved to be yet another interesting experience in my life and times here in iCrack. I was walking back to work from dinner chow with Leedy, Frazee, and Naylor. No big, we were all cutting up about something funny that had happened at work... I can’t even remember what it was all about but anyways… we were walking along and out of no where the area notification siren started issuing a steady unwavering tone. Damn it was loud… we couldn’t have been more than 30 meters from it. We all froze. We looked at each other and no longer than 20 seconds later a voice and message came that none of us ever wanted to hear. The speaker bellowed:

“INCOMING! INCOMING! TAKE COVER! I REPEAT… TAKE COVER! THIS IS NOT AN EXERCISE! TAKE COVER! INCOMING!”

We all bolted instantly toward the barriers as if we were madmen after someone. It was a little bit odd, watching everyone scatter like ants toward safety. So we posted up behind the barrier (this barrier was about 15 feet high and made of two foot think concrete) we felt a little safe. So we waited and waited… nothing. Pins and needles for five minutes… it was excruciating! then over the loud speaker, comes the same voice, false alarm… carry on, ALL CLEAR!” we all looked at each other and burst into laughter. Then we proceeded to make fun of how each other ran and how we all thought that everyone else was all scared. I wasn’t scared… I swear… honest… haha :P

I mean it was a sort of feeling that made me feel like “This is going to be sweet!” But yeah, we continued to walk back to work as if nothing had happened. This place is going to give me a heart attack I swear it. Lol.

Josh

5 comments:

Eric & Sherryl Garrett said...

I think I might have relieved myself, if I were there. DAMN! That sounds scary as hell, Son! Hope you don't get to many of those.
Dad

Kirk Lindsay Family said...

I think I would be looking for my clean undies lol

ME and the family look forward to check out your blog everyday.

Stay safe,take Care

Eric & Sherryl Garrett said...

I Love and Miss you Josh!
Mom

Destiny said...

Wowza. Scary stuff. Just make sure you keep yourself safe. :) We all miss you.

Lucky13 said...

Dude wow that sounds crazy man. Wish I was there with you. Really... I love you tho take care of your self be safe and clean you whitty tighties. :D